Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 22:01:44 -0400
I just read your note on Rescue Remedy.  Yes, I think for *a lot of* (not
necessarily all) ferrets a fairly long move would be a stressful event.
When I moved up to New Jersey from Virginia, I remember that my ferret at
the time (Frederick) found the move a bit stressful ..  although for the
most part, he seemed to regard the whole thing as a big adventure.  I also
had Waldorph the rabbit at the time, and he was incredibly stressed by the
whole event.  I had to stop every half hour or so to check on him, give him
some more Rescue Remedy, make sure he drank and reassure him, etc.

Anyway, I've used Rescue Remedy on myself, some of my ferrets, and my
rabbit with success.  I'm not sure applying it near the ear would help;
I've always taken it internally.  With humans, the suggested dose is
either 4 drops on the tongue (the Rescue Remedy bottle has an eyedropper in
it ..), or 4 drops in a glass of water.  Since ferrets and bunnies are so
tiny, I've always found it impossible to gauge how much to give them "full
strength" ..  so I put some in their water bottle, and encourage them to
drink.  It seems to help ..  although more so in some humans and animals
than others.  (Then again, isn't that true of most treatments, anyway!)

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483