From:
J Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 15:00:35 -0400
At 11:12 5/4/00 -0600, Gustafson, Barb wrote:
>A male sable, neutered ferret with a metal tag in his ear and no fangs.

This could well be a ferret used by a teaching hospital to practice
intubation of infants.  If you have such a facility in your area you could
ask them the disposition of #574.  You could also call local vets and
inquire about ferret patients with ear tags.  I'd not be too inclined to
mention I'd located the animal alive even though such animals are usually
fairly well treated.  Call the latter a character flaw I think I can live
with.

--
Jim H