From:
Linda Prowse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 18:00:56 -0700
a drug called "Mitotane" (this drug has a different name in the US, and I
can't remember what it is called ... anyone?).  The Lupron was used for my
eldest ferret, Scamp, when he had his adrenal tumor, and it did relieve his
adrenal symptoms, mostly his enlarged prostate.  The Mitotane was used to
try to shrink the tumor.

This regiment of Lupron and Mitotane helped Scamp for a few months, but he
did end up passing away.  I think sometimes it works, and other times it
doesn't.

I know that Lupron is very expensive, but we got Scamp Lupron shots for 25
dollars a crack.  Pretty cheap.  How did we manage this?  My ferret vet is
also a farm animal vet, and they always had doses of Lupron on hand to give
to farm animals.  They would have some left over, and we would ensure we
took Scamp for his shots the same day the vet had Lupron left over, so it
didn't go "bad", and was still very effective.

Tasha, you might try to track down a farm animal vet to see if you can get
the same sort of deal.

Hope this helps, and I wish you and your adrenal fuzzies all the best.

Take care... Linda, Shreddy, Finnigan and Scrumpy