Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:38:00 -0700
I am sending this because Bill will not post the post I made earlier, why
I do not know since it was simply a good bye message to all and the reason
that I am leaving the FML.

Due to a post made that was very inconsiderate, hurtful and directed at me,
I will no longer take the abuse and remain on a mailing list where certain
people are allowed to publicly hurt others.  I am quite sure that some of
you know which post I am speaking of.

I will tell you what is very hurtful to me (and this is very personal).  I
do not have human children (yet) because I have medical problems that
prevent me from getting pregnant.  My husband and I are looking into other
options (adoption).  To have somebody post such hurtful stuff directed at
me was more than I could bare.  This person told me that I need "real life
counseling".  Anyone who could post something as nasty as this should take
a look within themselves and perhaps start reading the bible.  I do not
have any hatred, just sorrow for this person.  As for Bill letting it go
through when it had NOTHING to do with ferrets, that MUST have been an
oversight.  I cannot understand why my good-bye message was not posted.

To all of you who have been supportive and also enjoyed my opinions about
ferret commitment, thank you.  To those of you who have experienced losses
(ferrets or otherwise) I also send you my support.  To those of you who
have been hurt by any hateful individuals on this list, I give you some
advice, go somewhere else because I have found a great list at
theferretstore.com where you can share information without any backlash.
People there seem to be much more accepting of opinions and do not take
things out of context.

It saddens me that I have come to this decision.  I am sure that this
person who has caused this will be smiling as they read this, but they
will probably also be bored.  Watch out, I am sure they will be looking
for another victim!

Good bye to this ferret society, I will miss you!  Gotta go now ~ time to
take a WHIZ!

Take care all and love your babies.

[Moderator's note: The flame in question probably should not have been
accepted to begin with.  It was non-directed and seemed acceptable at a
superficial glance, but I re-read it and, yes, I think I was mistaken to
let it through.

That being said, responses to a non-acceptable "flame" still need to be in
line with FML guidelines -- no sense in me making things worse be screwing
up twice!  BIG]