From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:04:53 -0500
Hello.  My Mikette has been on meds for insulinoma for about a year and
a half.  She is currently on pedia pred and diaoxide.  The last few
weeks we've needed to raise the level twice and now a third time.  Her
BG has lowered quite a bit and her hind end has gotten weaker and she
occasionally gets tremors.  She gets her meds twice a day, about 12 hours
apart.  I was wondering if possibly the problem isn't so much the amount
of meds, but the time apart in the distribution of them.

Has anyone found that they need to give insulinoma meds more often than
twice a day.  I'm thinking possibly that her body drops it's level too
fast and she needs them again in that 12 hour period.  I will be calling
my vet today, but I would love to get some input with those of you that
have had more experience than me.

Thanks
Risa