Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 00:26:13 -0600
Well, she is finally here... and not an albino as was foretold to me.  No
matter... She is instead a silver.  Her hair is coarse, and her bones show
through a little.  I will need to put some weight on her.  She is spunky
which is a good sign.  No outward signs of sores, or other weird lumps or
bumps.  Overall, this old gal faired quite well so the previous owner
didn't do such a bad job after all.  Haven't had a chance to look at her
teeth yet.

They tell me she is a good ferret but bites and doesn't really like people.
Hmmmm, I wonder why.....

Her cage is atrocious... the wire part of two small animal cages put
together with a plastic bag dispenser placed in for her bed, and a food
tray wired in to make a level for her to climb to her food.  Food dishes
are old tobacco containers wired in... hmmmm, very similar to the woman's
ferret cages.  I don't even want to touch it... but I will have to if only
to throw it out.  No hammocks, no towels... and this man use to have 9
ferrets.  I don't want to think about how he kept the rest.  Thankfully,
this is his last one.

The food is something I don't recognize and so I throw it out.  It looks
like cheerios but pale yellow in color.  A friend suggests that it might be
something with the word Jack in the title and says it is better than most
of the crappie foods out there and really not all that bad.  I don't know
what it is so I just don't want to use it.  I have kept a little of it just
in case I need a weaning amount.

I make an appointment for the vet to see her tomorrow... wish me luck!

I am thinking of a new name, so she doesn't have one yet.  I don't like her
old one.  My friend said it is unfair to change the name she was born with
(don't know that for sure) but I said that it is not like she comes to it
anyway.  Besides, she needs a name that suits her and gives her a little
more prestige... we'll be thinking about it for a little bit before
deciding... Anyone have any suggestions?

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the love of ferrets.....