From:
"Epstein, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:49:53 -0400
Hi everyone!  I am posting to give everyone an update on Rhy-oh-ki, the
lethargic ferret.  After sending my post yesterday, my vet called back and
got me a late afternoon appointment.  When he was at the vet, he was so
calm it was unbelievable (he is usually scurried around trying to run away
as fast as he can).  Right when I was helping her take his temperature, he
decided it was a good time to do his business.  The green slimy poop that
hadn't shown up before decided to rear it's ugly head.  He is now on
antibiotics and even was playing a little bit this morning.  I think the
other two ferrets might have had ECE before and the shelter just didn't
know it.  Rhy-oh-ki has lost a little weight so I am trying to feed him as
much as possible.  I have even put him in a separate cage so he will have
his own food, water, litterbox, etc.  Thank you to all of you who wrote to
me with suggestions.  If you have any "Duck Soup" recipes that might help
with Rhy-oh-ki's appetite, please send them to
[log in to unmask]  I won't be able to check this email address
over the weekend.

Nancy Epstein