Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:04:28 EST
"I find you to be a clueless moron with all the compassion of a cold
dog turd.  Get off your high horse Lissy.  Every one of my emails, or
inquiries have been answered.  Maybe it's just because you're such a
total bitch..."

This is what I recieved this morning concerning Modern Ferret Magazine.
Supposedly, this is from Eric or Mary.  [I think you misunderstood --
see below.  BIG]

THIS* IS *the reason I took one of the most unpopular positions anyone can
take on the FML.  Almost everyone feeling that it is unprofessional not to
receive the magazine in the timely manner they had every right to expect,
or upset that they don't have the magazine or all the issues they paid
for?  They all too often get this kind of frightening, and most disturbing
writing.

The writing I quoted above appears to be written by a hate filled,
mentally disturbed person.  I would not be surprised if every person
wanting to know where the magazine is that asks this on theFML gets this
person or others responding in this kind of twisted manner-pretending to
be Mary or Eric.

We should all have the right to express our concerns and feelings on
ferret related subjects without terror like this.  It is the key reason
that prompted me to take the most unpopular position I can imagine here.
Personally, I see terrorism every time I see that this subject is brought
up.

None of us should have to cower over a discussion of a magazine.  People
with little money looking forward very much to the magazine write that
they did not get it.  Short people, rich people, purple people-have a
right to voice their concerns.  There should be no reason to be too
terrified to write on this subject on the FML.  Terrorism does not belong
here, and I thank BIG for his writing on Wed.  concerning some harsh
writing that I visualized being spewed out like vomit.  I pictured a
person actually projectile vomiting as I read the words.  They were just
so uncalled for.

People should not have to live in terror writing of their legitimate
concerns.  Yet this writing I show you all that I received is only one
example of the disturbed writings that come up when the magazine is
brought up.

I am SOO grateful I live in a country where I am not clubbed to within an
inch of my life for not bowing too low, or carried off in the night and
shot and dumped in a mass grave for my beliefs.

Let us not forget that countless people lost life and limb for our
liberty.  For freedom and justice.  These are not Just Words.

In closing: in my opinion?  Terrorism: trying to make people cower
from expressing their beliefs and trying to still their voices through
intimidation and fear of some hate filled, mentally unbalanced person
or people haunting them, on-line or off, does not belong here on This
topic--- or any other.

[Moderator's note: I know who sent the e-mail and I have removed this
person from the FML.  I don't think, however, that there was any attempt
to impersonate Mary or Eric since this poster has sent similar things
before and not attempted to hide.  Anyhow, thanks for forwarding the note
and sorry for the flames.  BIG]