From:
Yo land Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:30:40 -0400
Hello, everyone.  I am a new subscriber, so what I have to say may have been
already talked about hundreds of times.  I am the owner of 2 male ferrets,
4months old.  I am becoming very disgusted and ready to give up on them..
The wild one is Cecil; we try to keep them contained to one room, there are
not any doors to this room so we put boards up.  No matter how high we put
the boards, Cecil climbs over them.  The other is Rascal he is more laid
back not an escaper but a thief.  Cecil's constantly trying to roam is
causing him to spend many hours in the cage.  When he is out he climbs over
everything never still, what can I do to make him stop?  He jumbs on the
t.v.  climbs on the couch onto my desk up to the ironing board, in the
meanwhile knocking everything he comes into contact with off.  It is
impossible to keep this room clean.  Any Suggestions.  My ferrets also seem
to be different from the others I have read about.  They do not lick us at
all, nor do they like bathes, or to be held.  The major problem that I am
having is that they will not litter-box train.  I have tried to wash the
corners of the rooms with bleach and water but they just used the corners
anyway.  They are such finicky eaters treats do not help.  I am at my wits
end because it smells so bad.  These are Marshall ferrets from a pet store.