From:
C-Shell Super User <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1993 19:42:56 -0500
Note:  The word "Stuff" in the subject line is highly technical jargon.
       If you don't know what it means, ask someone technical (i.e. has a
       pocket protector and a bunch of different pens) to explain it to you.

This is for Rick & Candy White, in San Antonio or for anyone who knows them
to pass on to them.

Rick:

I got only part of your message on my answering machine the other day.  It
cut off the last part of your phone number.  And I can't find the paper that
I wrote your phone number on last time.  Would you try again at 713/952-4233.

Also, Kasandra, the girl that you referred to us, is buying the last of my
kits.  She is going to name her "Guinevere" (Is that spelled right?  I guess
I'd better check it out before I put it on the registration papers.), which
means "White Shadow".  She won't be able to make it to Houston for another
week or two, so for the time being, we still have all five kits.

The couple that bought the other two are boarding them with us until after
they get back from their honeymoon and we are keeping two of the kits
ourselves.  So, including Slinky (the Grand Dame, escape artist and currently
Alpha until Arnie realizes that he out-weighs her by 75%) and Godiva (Mommie),
that totals seven carpet sharks.  WOW!  WHAT A WRECKING CREW!  But they all
give Ferret Kisses and ride on my shoulder without falling off, so I guess
that I can't complain.

To the rest of the world:

I definitely do NOT recommend breeding ferrets to those who are not
_COMPLETELY DEDICATED_.  But, to those who are, not only WILLING, but LONG to
put in long hours, take unscheduled time off of work (lots), clean and
disinfect the cage at least three times a day (the worst smelling pet store
ferret cages smell rosy in comparison) and have all of your fingers
punctured daily by sharp little baby ferret teeth, when they are about three
or four weeks old, it is an experience that I would recommend highly.  It's
just very hard to part with the kits.  More to follow on this subject, under
a separate cover.

We will be showing two of our kits, Arnie (the Monster Ferret - 2.5 lbs.
@ 12 wks. and still growing) and Ninya (the Silver Bullet - about the size and
speed of a silver bullet), at the NAFA Point Show in Longview, TX on June 5.
We will also be showing Slinky (altered) and Godiva (whole now, but probably
altered by that time).  It sounds like it will be at least as big as the
Arlington, TX fun show in January, which was one of the largest ferret shows
ever.  Anyone wanting more information may contact me by email at:

or contact:

     Chuck Skaggs
     President
     North American Ferret Association
     P.O. Box 1963
     Dale City VA 22193-4342
     Ph: 703/590-2132.

I hope to see a lot of faces there, to put with the names that I keep seeing
on this mailing list.

Well, so long for now,
John, Becky, Slinky, Godiva, Arnie, Ninya, Ivy, Sushi & Guinevere
 The Court        The Court Jesters         Visiting    Lady-In-
 Servants                                   Royalty     Waiting

"Cats may be cool, but carpet sharks rule!"

Regards,
John Gaver ([log in to unmask])