From:
Power & Motoryacht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:35:48 -0500
Well, it finally happened to me after reading it happen to so many others.

Zeke, my 14 month old silver mitt found a whole in a bathroom screen and
got out.

Here's the quick story.  I was holding a yard sale to benefit our shelter
here in South Florida on Saturday.  Someone saw him wandering down the
driveway.  He was put in the cage.

He got out around 8 pm while we were gone and went to the same hole that we
didn't know was there.  By 11ish on Sunday morning I realized that he was
nowhere.  The calls started, the posters were made, the neighborhood was
scoured.  I went to make flyer copies and got a call from my husband that
Zeke was found.

He was one block over.  A man was working on his RV and felt something
brush his leg and saw him run off.  Sunday moring his wife said "Honey
there's a wild animal in our living room." This man knew it was not wild
and put him in a big tub with food and water.  My husband was going door to
door on our block when this guy pulled up on a moped and asked if anyone
had lost a ferret.

so it was a happy ending.  I'm just glad the guy was nice and my Zeke had a
nice warm and safe place to sleep all night.  We suppose he just wandered
in the door and curled up somewhere.

I bet they find a couple of presents somewhere in there house.

Dona and my wandering Zeke