From:
Claire Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:35:40 -0400
On Jun 22, 2009, at 4:00 AM, Jim Kennedy wrote:
>I am looking for a place to buy the heavy duty see thru tubes for our
>ferrets. ... I'm just not sure where to get the tubing at a "shelter
>friendly" price.

Hi Jim --

The stuff is 4" dust collector tubing for woodshops. You can order it
online, through supply houses like Northern Tool (now part of Amazon).
I got mine at Woodcraft Supply in Portsmouth during one of their sales.
The other possibility to find some cheaply would be to find some used
or defective pieces that have small holes. That makes it useless for
use in a dust collection system, but fine for ferts. If you do this,
make sure it comes from a woodshop and not from a general purpose shop,
so that any dust particles are just wood and not anything nasty (though
a good wash in the bathtub with soap and water
*should* get any residue off).

Hope this helps.
Claire