From:
Ben Roach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:22:10 -0700
Dear Coree,

I was in your boat a few months ago.  What I decided was to find a way to
compromise.  My situation was this, we are always junking one room up and
then moving it to another room and say we cleaned.  So what I promised to
do was to actually clean the one room where the ferrets would be kept and
the basement(which was really bad).  I also explained that just because he
said yes, didn't mean I would frantically run out and buy a ferret that
instant.  There was to be time involved in handling many different ferrets
and visiting a lot of pet stores to find the ferret that would most match
the personality I had in mind.  Which for me took about a month and a half,
then once he actually said yes, it was another 3 days before I actually
settled on the ferret I originally picked out, Madelyn.  I kept my word and
totally cleaned up the spare bedroom and completely cleaned the basement,
which, after cleaned, became my ferrets home because of it's size and
furnishings.

Instead of arguing about getting one, find a way to show him you are going
to earn having one and describe in detail the responsibility in which you
are going to use providing a loving home and care for your new fuzzie.  He
may stump you with a question you haven't thought of, don't just give him a
quick answer, think about it and only answer with what you can and will
actually do to overcome the obstacle.

Just as a side note, I've read alot of good stories about adopting shelter
ferrets and received several emails about them as well, so I guess it would
depend on if you specifically wanted a petstore ferret or not.

Ben Roach
A Total Ferret Lover