From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:41:25 EST
<ahem !  Sung to the tune of 'Home on the range'>

Oh, let it be known, that here in our home,
the fuzzies and I feel kinda strange.
We scratch and we skritch, an uncontrollable itch,
and wonder if it might be mange.

Atopy, scabies, or mange . .   the symptoms all seem quite the same
Oh, how will we know ?  Which way should we go ?
We just know that this all has to   <<<SKRITCHHHHHH!!!> change !!!!

Hello and a skritchy dook to all the fur-kids !

Last night Rascal was scratching himself crazy.  He wouldn't stop for 5
minutes straight.  I took a look at his skin to find it all sore on his
sides and his armpits.  I could see red bumps similar to flea bites or a
heat rash.  Look as I might, I could find no fleas.

I gave him a quick bath.  Checking afterwards I could find little
teeny-weeny black dots in the tub.  Nothing that I could recognize as
fleas though.  Barely perceptable to the eye.  No, I don't have a
magnifying glass or microscope.

Rascal seemed okay after the bath.  This morning though, he was again
itching like crazy.  I administered some benadryl orally in case it was an
allergic reaction to something.  I cleaned and vacuumed in case it was dust
mites or something similar <okay, I'm not the best housekeeper, even my
'dust bunnies' have pets for cryin' out loud.  Whattya want?  I am a
bachelor ya know !!>

After cleaning I let all the kids out and removed the bedding for wash and
double rinse.  By this time a majority of the kids were scratching.
Rascal, Socks, and Hershey all had the red bumps.  After handling the
bedding in the laundry room, I started scratching !!!

Since I do maintenance work, I end up in a lot of <most not so clean>
apartments.  I can believe that I may have brought something back with me.

It may be a day or two before the vet can see us.  In the meantime, anyone
have any ideas ???

Kevin B and the <itchy-skratchy-skritchy>  Way Kewl Critter Crew
~Furrice~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Rascal~Miss Priss~
Cinna~Racer~Muttley~Dookesbury~
Guardian Fur-Angels -  ~Lady~, ~Zeus~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow ferts
~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see       KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                      http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.