From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:52:34 -0400
I went to the pet store yesterday (4/14) to look at the baby ferrets.  I
held one for quite some time and was quite astonished at it's coloring!
The ferret came from Path Valley Farms (www.pathvalleyfarm.com/index.htm).
I called them to try to get a description of what he was, but they weren't
positive.  However, from what I was able to give them, they classified it
as possibly being a platinum ferret with red eyes!

Now, I can't really give an accurate description in words, but I will see
what I can do here: the kit had very cottony fur, with no real visible sign
of guard hairs (or, if they were there, they were very soft and blended in
really well!) or other "types" of hair.  All the way to the skin, the fur
was a light silvery color, or a dirty cotton color.  The eyes literally
looked as though they were l.e.d. buttons (those little red l.e.d. lights
found on various pieces of electronic equipment) that had been glued on.
If I hadn't held him, I don't know if I would have been able to believe he
was real!  His tail was of the same color, though more concentrated, making
it look a bit darker.  He had no mask of any kind.

Does anyone have a better idea (from my description) of what color this
ferret would be regarded as?  His disposition was so sweet!  I held him
for about 20 minutes and he made no attempt to get away, or crawl into my
shirt, or jump onto a nearby shelf or anything...he just laid there and let
me pet him!  It's too bad that I have the maximum number of ferrets allowed
in my city, or I'd have a new ferret as of last night!

Todd and the (Is the new guy a piece of jewelry, or a real ferret?)
Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
"users.success.net/toddl/"