From:
Victoria Hadfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1993 15:42:06 -0400
Hello everyone,

I noticed yesterday that my ferret, Minima, seems to have a yellowish
secretion of some sort coming from her vulva.  Does anyone have any
idea what this could be?  She was diagnosed some months ago as having
an adrenal tumor, which I cannot afford to have removed, and the last
time I took her to the vet, they wouldn't vaccinate her because they
said her immune system was already under enough stress from having the
adrenal tumor.  She is almost bald now, but still quite active, in fact,
she has been much more active that she was during the summer, when it
was so hot.  She doesn't seem at all concerned or in pain when I wiped
this secretion away, and her vulva itself does not seem to be swollen.
I don't know if this is something I should take her to the vet for, since
she's acting totally normally, apart from it.  Have any other ferrets
had this problem?

Victoria Hadfield

(Also, I have noticed that she is much more lax about keeping her rear
end clean since she lost her fur - could this be related?)