From:
"Nancy K. Farlow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 1995 18:26:04 -0500
You haven't heard from me in a while (sorry, I've been really busy both at
work and at home) but I've been reading the FML pretty regularly over the
past nine months since I got my first and subsequently my second ferrets.
I've learned a lot, and also laughed and cried a lot at all of your stories.
You're a great group of folks...  some of you, IMHO, border on sainthood
with your patience and caring hearts.

Anyway, for those of you who didn't see it, there was a great article on the
BFF in the New York Times last Tuesday (31 October), in the Science Times
section, accompanied by two really cute photos.  The article was on the
attempted reintroduction of these critters into the wild in the Western US,
and the problems biologists have encountered--such as the plague that has
killed off their natural food source, Prairie Dogs.  No mention
of/comparison with domestic ferrets, but an informative article nonetheless.

Although I've never used it, the Science Times has an email address where
you could probably request a copy of the article.  It is:
[log in to unmask]  Or send me a personal email with your snail-mail
address and I'd be happy to mail a photocopy to you.

Clover & Alfalfa (ferrets)
Tor (dog)
Elsa & Skywalker (cats)
Cory (parrot)
Nancy & Tim (humans)

PS - My heart went out to Kelleen after her horrible experience.  I had a
similar experience with a cat many years ago.  Neck broken in an elevator
door--instant death--I'll spare you the details.  I felt soooo terrible, he
was such a sweet little guy, and it was entirely my fault!  If it's any
consolation, Kelleen (if you see this), I know how terrible you feel, and
only time will eventually help ease the guilt, pain, and sorrow.

Nancy Farlow ([log in to unmask])

Things may come to those who wait...

        But only the things left by those who hustle!