From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:16:30 -0700
Passed to Renee Downs.  Renee wrote:

Slowly the cameos opened their eyes and gazed upon Christianaferret.

"Who are you?" said the first. "Don't you know?"

Tears welled in Christianaferret's eyes as her fears,her hopes and her
dreams all began to swirl around her head.  Sobbing, she buried her face
in her paws and said, "I thought I did!  I thought I was happy as the
daughter of the Duke of Swellington and now -- now -- not only am I to
marry someone I don't know, but my very identity is being questioned.
Has it all been a lie?  Am I a fraud??

"My child," said the second, "you are a child of the King, chosen to
inherit the dookdom prepared for you.  You are not here by chance, but
by design.  Each creature has a special purpose and place in the world.
Once discovered, the fulfillment of that purpose leads to happiness."

"So, are you saying that my purpose is to marry the Dook of Cornish Hen?
What about these tats in myear?  And all the things the Count said?"

"Look around," said the first. "What do you see?"

With that, the inlaid colors of the box took on a three-dimensional
appearance.  Gazing in, Christianaferret saw the woods come alive with
the ferrets, the wolverine, the horses and all the other creatures she
had met in her travels.

"The truth is within you.  It is not the outward appearance that is the
truth, but that which lies with the recesses of the soul.  You have
learned more about yourself than you knew before.  And, you have
learned much about the world in which you live.  What is happiness,
Christianaferret?  Where is it found?  It resides with the truth."

Christianaferret looked around her as the scene on the box stilled and
the air around her took on the sweet scent of the forest.  "I understand
now,"  she smiled.  "I know what I must do,"  said Christianaferret "I
shall . . ."

To be continued.

My computer is going into the shop.  I am going to have to put the story
on hold for a few days!  We'll start back up with it next week!!

Judy