From:
Kelly Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:58:27 EDT
>From:    Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
>Please, anyone who reads this, please feed your ferret GOOD FOOD, not
>kitten food or dog food!  (I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but
>I'm hoping some new owner might see this.)

This is my very first time posting, and I must admit I am alittle nervous
as I have a habit of sticking my foot in my mouth.  I have been lurking for
quite some time now and when I read Barbara Carlsons post I was inclined to
come out of hiding.

I was just curious ( I don't want to start the GREAT Food Debate here <G>)
You mentioned to feed your ferret "GOOD FOOD" not kitten food or dog food,
but you don't give any examples of "GOOD FOOD"  I had thought that feeding
them a high quality "kitten" food such as Iams, Pro Plan or Eukanuba was
indeed considered good food.  I have never skimped when it came to buying
the best food available for my fuzzies, but I have two four year old girls
(in addition to my four younger boys, my two year old rescue and two four
year old fosters) who are addicted to Iams kitten and will not touch
anything else.  I rescued a ferret who was given purina deli cat when he
was fed at all.  I was agast when I found out what he was fed, as I had told
these people to feed him "high quality" kitten food such as....ect.  Like
you Barbara it horrifies me to see people feeding them low quality grocery
store cat chow and subsequently shorting thier life.  I feed the rest of
them (omitting my two girls who eat just the Iams) a balanced blend of
Marshalls Diet, Iams Kitten, Pro Plan and Totally Ferret.  I want the best
for my fuzzies and I would like to know if this is indeed considered "GOOD
FOOD" or should I switch to something else and tell others different as
well.  Any replies are eagerly anticipated and I do apologize in advance if
I stepped on anybodies toes.  (Indeed they must be tender from ferret fun
attacks :o) )

Kelly Sullivan & the Savvy Seven + two

Lucy, Chunk, Cotton, the Cordy twins Cody and Corky, Pike E. Mouse, Shadow,
Jake and Soapy (my fosters) and my dear sweet angel Hidey who waits for us
at Rainbow Bridge

[Moderator's note: Barbara later followed up on her original post saying
she meant to say don't feed dog food or LOW QUALITY kitten food.  She
mistakenly left out the "low quality" part.  BIG]