Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:21:33 -0500
Hi...been lurking and reading and reading everyones post.  I just
recently joined up and have two fuzzies here at my home.

I have been reading the kibble and food posts with much interest.  My two
are eating INNOVA cat food..in the red bag.  I read it is rated pretty
high for ferrets and have seen so much improvment with my two..one a
"find" and one adoption.  (the find was under my car in the winter
time..very thin and etc..the second we adopted for her to have a friend).

I admit I offered them chicken...chicken bones..beef bones... a just
killed mouse (thank u kitty) ...they sniffed and turned their cute little
noses up to me each time..like YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING.  Shivers wants
kibble only..not even moist canned foods or moist ferret foods... yuck
yuck yuck they say.  (?????)

I even made a diet like the Dr.Pitcairns natural diet adapted for
ferrets...nope..  I really wanted to get them on a very healthy diet..
but noooooooooooo not these two.

Kibble or bust.... well one loves raisins too....

Wysong..  oh it sounded great...what ingredients!  and I have cats and
dogs too..wow...sounded wonderful... bought acouple varities of the
bags..( i dont remember which kinds now..it was a few months ago..)
5 cats.....not ONE would eat it..  well they will get hungry and eat it
right?  wrong....they wouldnt touch it....not for one week..the bowl was
HARDLY touched and week two...heck they will eat it..its just different
RIGHT?  the dogs wouldnt touch their version..and the cats began to loose
weight...(not excatly a bad thing) but they were ready to roll us for
REAL food... (in their eyes).

We began to live in fear...lol...well ok maybe not..but MAN were they
begging awfully....oooooo we are starrrrving!!!!

I ended up taking it back to the store... first time I have EVER done
that.  It could be it was like making a crew of teenagers eat only vegies
and tuna when all they want is burger king..but no one would touch the
food......HOW DISSAPOINTING was that?  i dont blame the food..... but
wonder if ANYONE else have this happen.?  I did not try it with the
ferrets ...actually not sure I had the ferrets maybe just Shivers.. but
anywhoo.

that is my experience.....

Here is a site i reccomend alot it is the Ohio Ferret Organization and it
has a real nice article about furo kibble foods......
http://www.ohioferret.org/INFO/nutri.asp

Happy daze!
stacie
Shivers
and YukiSatoSquashedBanana
(dont ask her name just grew into that....)