From:
zoosferretsanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2009 08:34:56 -0500
I feel terrible! I was interrupted several times, last night, when
writing about being thankful for people who have helped us. I
inadvertently left out Friends of Ferret Shelters!!!

It was a year ago now, when we got an email from Susann Thiel & Lisa
Oestereich. (These women are amazing!) They wanted to do a raffle in
honor of our 10th anniversary as a sanctuary. We are thankful for
everyone in the ferret community who became involved & donated items,
or bid on them. It helped us immensely.

Friends of Ferret Shelters raised well over $900 to help our babies!
This money bought meds & food, and two shelving units to hold ferret
bedding. (I think of FOFS every time we change out a cage!)

There are two more wonderful women out there who deserve to be
thanked by nearly every shelter out there. These women don`t have an
"organization" but they have done countless auctions on Ebay to benefit
nearly every shelter we have heard of--and they do it out of the
limelight, without fanfare. Kris B. (Carpet Sharks ink) and Diane I.
raised most of the funds for every scrap of lumber, all the plumbing,
wiring, the drywall, the paint, the linoleum, ceiling fan, and you
name it, for our second ferret room-- the playroom. We will always be
grateful to them. Because of these ladies, more ferties can get out
at a time to run & play. Because of these ladies, ferties all over
the United States have been helped. (Thank you, Kris & Diane!)

So when we feel "down & out"--When we feel that we can`t deal with one
more nasty litterpan, one more vet bill, one more loss, one more human
dumping their pet here, or another night of lost sleep---we remember
all the people who have been good to us. ALL of them. Whether it was a
card, or an email, or a check, or a package of treats, it was support,
and it helped us to care for the little ones.

Thank you.

Love,
Zoo