From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:22:58 -0800
>This is not a cult as someone thinks it is nor reglion is brought in.
>These FMLer's are here to bring happiness to everyone, to make everyone
>feel good.

A cult starts by someone putting themselves in a high position exhalting
themselves as almost a god-like person.  People in turn start buying in
to this and put the person on a pedatsol.  When folks start saying that
Sandee and Sara are "angels sent by God" that IS bringing religion in
to it!  When people ask these women to welcome their ferrets in to the
"after life" that IS indeed bringing one's own personal religious views
in to it.  Religious or spiritual - whichever you prefer to call it -
tis' all the same thing.  When you bring God in to it, when you talk
about heaven and after life THAT IS RELIGIOUS.  To say that other posts
are "off topic" while posting numerous religious topics yourselves is
hypocritical.

It's easy enough to tell us not to read the posts.  Why don't you do the
same and not read this if it bothers you so much?  Someone brought out a
great point about how there are so many different types of people on the
fml with a lot of different views and we should all try to get along.
But when the fml becomes more about some make believe angel who exhalts
herself than about ferrets it becomes out of hand.  Why is ok for YOU and
others like you to express YOUR mode of comfort but it's NOT ok for the
rest of us to express OUR modes of comfort?  That is what it boils down
to - FAIRNESS.

Many of you have expressed feeling "comfort" with these stories and a
lady pretending to greet animals in ferret heaven.  Ok fine.  It happens
to comfort me to talk about my own beliefs sometimes just as many other
silent flmers have their own modes of expressing what comforts them.  I'd
rather give credit to the one who created me than to this woman.  That's
my right and it's NOT "off topic" when everyone else has been posting
about THEIR spiritual views for years.  I get tired of hearing people say
that religion is off topic when you are guilty of it!  Sandee and Sara
may comfort you and other things comfort us.  As long as I see Sandee
posts and people talking about "energies", witchcraft and an assortment
of other "spiritual" topics I will continue to express my own beliefs
just as Gary and many others do.  Fair is fair.

Do what you tell us to do and scroll past it.

[SH]

[Moderator's note: My view as moderator is that nobody has said Sandee or
Saraferret are "angels sent by God."  Nor have they exhalted themselves.
Sandee and Sara have not mentioned religion or God at all, actually.

I'll repeat -- if it brings you comfort to talk about how your ferrets
are welcomed according to your faiths, or how your ferrets are seen by
your faiths, that's fine.  If it brings you comfort to talk about your
faiths, that's off topic.  I can't make it any more clear than that,
and I'm not going to keep repeating the same thing over and over again.
If I view it as ferret related then it will get posted.  And no, a 100
line post all about religion with the word "ferret" thrown in doesn't
necessarily make the post ferret-related.  BIG]