From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1992 18:58:44 -0500
anon please.

I am almost 100% sure that ferrets are illegal in Hawaii.  While it's true
that animals coming in have a six month quarantine, a ferret would not be
allowed out.  Many animals here are simply not allowed (snakes, alligators,
big cats, raccoons, skunks, etc.) because of their potential impact on native
species (most of which are endangered without natural predators).  Someone
recently caught with a ferret here was fined $5000.  I'm not sure what
happened to the ferret.