Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 11:11:54 EDT
Here in Illinois at GCFA, we must disinfect the play areas and toys and
litter boxes every 30 minutes.  And we place a plastic bag in each area
for the ferrets to roll around in, hide in, or fll asleep in.

The bags must be disposed of after 30 minutes.  It is such an important
part of their few minutes out.  They love being tossed in the bag gently,
or swaying back and forth in it, or rollin on their backs inside of
it-mouthing our hands.

Does anyone have access to plastic bags?  We go through -with one bag per
play group-at least 40 bags a day.  They do not have to be huge.  And we
know the handle/hole area would be a danger if unsupervised.  The normal
grocery bag is fine.

Even if it took time to save up until you had a hundred or so.  I don't
want anyone to pay for shipping for just a few bags.

Mail to Greater Chicago Ferret Association at
P.O. Box 7093
Westchester Ill 60154-7093

Sounds dumb-but these simple plastic bags are really the only thing we
can use to stimulate the little guys.  The older ones don't play with the
toys.  They need to be entertained.  The really old ones need to curl up
inside.