From:
"~AngelFire~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:49:07 -0500
>I just got my first notice that ferret math is still in force.
>Evidently the little guy in question is suspected of causing an allergic
>reaction.  I think they are probably in for a surprise, I doubt if
>removing the ferret will solve their problem.

I just had this kind of experience recently~

All 6 of my kids,(and I), suffer from various forms of allergies and
athsma,one of the first things the docs assumed was an allergy to the
ferrets...we too were told we had to get rid of them~

Through persistent insistence that this didn't seem to be so, they found
a "ferret test" they can do to determine if there is an actual ferret
allergy.  They have to draw blood and send it to the Mayo clinic,it costs
$68 and is covered by insurance as any other allergy test.The test was
labled as " 1 Allergen Specific IGE,86003 ".I was surprised to learn how
many doctors and people in general were unaware of this particular test.

It turned out that we are allergic to just about everything *but* ferrets ;]

Just thought I would pass that along......

Deb~