Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 20:06:56 -0400
I am stunned by today's events.  I am heartbroken for Kodo, for Bob and
Kitty and their children, for all of us.  I am outraged at the ignorance,
dishonesty and cowardice of those Michigan officials who claim to serve the
public.  I am also encouraged that there are still people like Sen.  Dingell
and the three judges who had the courage to voice their dissenting opinions.

In his short life, Kodo accomplished a great deal.  His pure and loving
spirit has united people from around the world.  He brought joy to those who
were fortunate enough to know him.  His spirit will inspire us to keep
challenging ignorance and smallmindedness wherever we find it.  In Kodo's
name we will advocate for legalization of ferrets everywhere, and for a
quarantine in each state.

We will never forget you, Kodo--joyful being, pure light and love.  We know
that you have been welcomed as a hero at the Rainbow Bridge, and that
everyone on the other side is celebrating your freedom.

I will light a candle tonight to remember you, Kodo, and also as a reminder
that we need to shine light wherever ignorance still exists.

Ronnie DiComo
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming and Merlin
Cinderella, Sheena and kitties-guardian angels on the other side