From:
Christine Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 07:55:11 EST
>...Hence, if we see ferrets kept in substandard conditions in his store
>again, we fully intend to report him to the SPCA and cause him as much
>trouble as we possibly can, in the hopes that the path of least resistance
>for him after that would be to provide better living conditions for any
>fuzzies which he sells.
>Jaime

Good for you Jaime.  I have 5 ferrets now.  The last one Sammy I obtained
when I went into a pet store in a town that i don't usually go to.  It was
like a concentration camp for animals.  Filthy, featherless birds, mangy
pups etc.  I saw a tiny and skinny female fert in a cage , no food or
water, sitting in her own poop because he had never cleaned the cage.  She
was filthy and lethargic.i went to the owner and said "either you give me
the ferret right now or I go to the pay phone outside and report you to the
aspca and humane society.  he gave me the baby.  I called the spca anyway
and they sent an inspector who cobfiscated his animals.  Sammy is now a
healthy and very happy 11 week old, enjoying the company of her fellow
ferrets and biting me.Don't hesitate to call the ASspca when you feel it
is warrented.  sorry this post is so long

-----christine and the wild weasels