From:
FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 17:35:48 -0700
Fate is very, very interesting.

On Sunday afternoon, my van was hit on the driver's side by a 14 foot
U-Haul truck whose driver decided he wanted my lane (or at least to cross
through my lane) more than I did.  He won, but obviously it will cost him.
In a swerve to avoid his last minute decision and then the subsequent
impact, all the items I had in the van were violently thrown to the
passenger side.

1. Items like the tool box and my emergency pack would have easily crushed
   a ferret even though there was no injuries to any human.

2. I certainly would not have had time to make sure a ferret wasn't
   underfoot before I slammed on the brake.

3. The impact was at the gas tank fill spout so we all bailed out pretty
   quickly (thankfully the van didn't explode).

Three reasons not to allow a ferret to run loose in a vehicle and three
possible disasters - all averted.  Ah, good ole' fate.  Isn't she
interesting?

-Carla (not the shelter mom)