From:
Florence Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:41:54 -0400
Howard:
It is so thoughtful of you to consider doing this to help the ferret. I
took my three two boys last Friday, and two were able to donate (even
the one that is 6 yrs old donated). From my understanding, ferrets have
universal type blood, and all can receive and donate. The UGA did check
for Blood Glucose Levels, the BUN numbers, etc. They did this so that
the donating ferret wouldn't be compromised by giving blood. They did a
quick sleep on them, took the blood, they woke up quickly afterward -
not groggy.

UGA Small Animal Hospital told me that the owner was so very thankful
for us coming forward to help her ferret. They all see that he has a
big desire to stay, and she will do whatever she can to give them the
extra time to find out the cause of his problem.

We have been told that after donations today (as long as they pass the
blood test), that he will be good until this weekend, and they will let
us know again if they need more blood.

Florence