From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:50:02 -0700
http://www.picturetrails.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2684479&uid=421224

Please keep Zippy (permanent shelter kid) in your thoughts today.  He had
surgery today.

August 28, 2003 is when he stopped breathing on his own and Shawn did CPR
on him for 40 minutes until we got to the vet.  As soon as we arrived he
had seizures.  A shot of dextrose into his stomach and about 3 minutes
later they had stopped and he was breathing on his own.

He is 6 years old and has insulinoma.

At his vet appointment the next day the vet did x-rays along with feeling
his belly and stuff.  After his tests results she said that he needed
surgery.  Appears to have an enlarged kidney or something growing on his
kidney or near it.  His spleen is a little enlarged and he also has
enlarged lymphoids.

Now today...he went in for surgery to see what is wrong.

I am asking for prayers and healing thoughts for him.  He is such a sweet
boy and is only 6 years old.  Anyone who meets him would know that.
Tracee got to meet him last night and she fell in love with him.

I just got off the phone with the vet.

Here is what she said... first off... Zippy is recovering ok.  He had an
enlarged spleen but nothing to really worry about (within range).  His
pancreas had 2 nodules on it.  One was very small, and the other one was
the size of her finger tip.  She removed both of them.  He had one
enlarged adrenal gland but she did not remove because it was too close to
the vein.  His left kidney looked abnormal.  His lymphoids were enlarged
from what she could see also.  She is sending out tissue to see if he has
lymphoma or anything else.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and wishes.

If anyone wants to help out with the cost of the surgery you can send a
donation directly to our vet.  (but please let me know so I can thank you
properly)

Coronado Vet Clinic
4181 E. Glenn Road
Sierra Vista, AZ  85650
**Account:  Ferret Corner Shelter

We also have some mirror etchings that Shawn did.  We haven't tried to
sell them too much because the shipping on them is around $20.00 plus
the mirror.  But if anyone is interested:
http://www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/etchings.html

He has other designs and I will try to get pictures of them and post them
up there too.

My biggest thing right now is for everyone to send healing thoughts and
prayers to Zippy.

These little ones steal so much from us... but mostly our hearts.

Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
"Ferrets are the Spice of Life"
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz
www.supportourshelters.org
There's a pot of Ferret Love at the end of the Rainbow