From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 1994 11:30:25 -0400
        Has anyone on the list read *The Natural History of Weasels and
Stoats* ? I forget the woman's name who wrote it, but it's put out by
Cornell University Press as part of its series of Natural History books.
I've read some of the others, but I was curious if anyone here has read it
and found some info applicable to our critturs. I found a copy while in DC
the other day, and almost bought it, but it were expensive 26.50.
        Re. Diamond Professional Cat food. The guy who owns the feed store
where I usually buy food for my zoo tells me that although the
Professional is an excellent food, comparable to Iams in quality, it only
costs a few dollars less. The maintenance is much cheaper, around $9 for a
20 lb bag, but is far inferior. If I were to buy the Diamond Professional
it would cost me around $21 for a 20 lb bag as opposed to ~$25 for the
same amount of Iams. I forget who asked if it was just his area that had
costly food-it isn't. Michelle is getting a fantastic deal from whomever
she buys her food, or at least her area has exceptionally low prices.
        Also, for people without FTP capability who want the Electronic
Zoo database, send me your address, and I'll split it up in a couple of
pieces and send it to you. It's pretty big, by far the largest file I have.

Janice                          [log in to unmask]
   and the zoo
        Frieda & V'orri the rug rats AKA carpet sharks
                 Silk the greyhound; Lexi the conure + 4 slithers