Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:28:17 EDT
<http://www.supportourshelters.org/SOS-raffle.html>

I LOVE the raffle items Kat has written to us of that will raise money
for the ferret shelters. Good Gravy!!! I don't believe I ever feasted
my eyes on so many really terrific prizes.

And there ...in the middle of all those juicy prizes...is the SOS
calander with my Daisy on the cover in the middle!!! She was one of the
most beautiful ferrets I have ever seen. She was a silver mitt with a
jet black nose, and dark gray cheeks, as though she was wearing ferret
make up.

Now...she was no Black Russian. But then, who ever was? But she was
lovely, lovely, lovely.

At a very early age, she was diagnosed with a greatly enlarged heart,
and passed a short time ago sitting serenely in her cuddle cup. She
was bathing herself one minute, and had passed the next.

I did not enter her, but I am delighted to see her precious face
gracing the cover of the calander. She was a scamp. And she was a
cuddler. I loved just looking at her face. I would hold her up and
just stare at her beauty. She loved sleeping in the bath tub, which
was filled with bedding during the days.

A couple watched her and my crew for several weeks while I was moving.
They put in a baby monitor in the ferret room, and were startled to
hear crying. They raced in to find Daisy could escape from her cage
and act in a menacing manner to THEIR little ones. I believe that this
occurred several times. Some of these little ones are diabolical. lol.

My escape artist, ferret extordinaire: on the cover of SOS
calendar...What a delightful surprise. Just one of many awesome
donations to raise money for the shelters in such need.