From:
Lisa Mancilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 21:55:09 -0700
We had our first Humbolt Chapter Ferrets Anonymous meeting.  We had a good
showing.  15 people showed for the first meeting.  David picked me up from
school and on the way to the meeting, he told me that this lady had called
and said she had a ferret that she wanted to get rid of.  My it doesn't take
long for word to get around about rescues and FA in the area.  Well anyway,
I closed the meeting early to get the new girl.

She is absolutely beautiful.  She is a light (almost red) chocolate MF
sable.  Now we have five MF girls.  He name is Sativa.  We found that a very
unappropriate name for a pet.  So we are calling her Shiva as in the Lord of
India.

I've never seen a critter so infested with fleas.  She had about a thousand
of them at least.  She was so bad that we even had to pull some of them out
with tweezers.  She has had her flea bath and is dooking with her new
sisters in the living room.  It appears that Wiggles was the most excited.
She came up to me and thanked me for the new sister that I promised her.
Now all I have to do is get her off the kitten chow and on Totally Ferret.
I had been promising her a playmate.  Well Shiva is the senior of the bunch.
She's 2 1\2 years old.

We'll "If I had my little way, I'd get a ferret everyday!!!!!!!!"  The girls
are showing their new sister around.  We are now "The Doyle Fuzzy Fabulous
Fantastic Five"

Lisa