From:
Heidi Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 23:23:32 -0700
Greetings all you FMLers from the Extreme Weezils and Gang!

The past couple of weeks worth of FML issues have been laced with horrible
news in the Ferret Community - ranging from an animal control center
STRANGLING ferrets to death to mass quantities of shelter ferrets being
in immediate danger of being otherwise euthanized.

Ok, this is serious business, folks, as you know.  What my husband and I
[and the Extreme Weezils plus the Extreme Kitteez] want to know is this:

1. Where is this information COMING FROM?  Is there another source besides
one person hearing something from another person?  Where are the facts,
witnessess, news releases or reports, or other corroborating evidence of
such horrific events?

2. Is it just a coincidence that in the past month or so, shelters are
being closed or temporarily shut down, limited, or otherwise severely
reduced in working capacity?  In the past year and a half I have not seen
anything remotely resembling this cascade of tragedy of the ferret kind!

3. Are there any websites out there that have this sort of information in
one place, easily accessible, complete with sources, further information
links and contact info, etc.?

Regardless of the answers [if any] to the above questions, I am proposing
an offer in regards to Question 3.  The Extreme Weezils have a page, Ferret
News and Events, that is the ideal place to post such items.  I will keep
up with this information as quickly as I receive it, and any and all
plights will be posted as long as it is of a fuzzy nature.

As the WebMistress of the Extreme Weezils and a devoted ferret enthusiast,
I feel this is the very least I can offer in the face of such horror facing
so many innocent ferrets.

Send any and all information to:

Heidi Lynne
the Extreme Weezils : http://www.extremeweezils.com/

There are some posts up on the Weezil News and Events page:
http://www.extremeweezils.com/weezilevents.html

Please, let us all do what we can to help those in need!

Heidi Lynne LePak, R.Ph. and WebMaster of the Extreme Weezils
http://www.extremeweezils.com/   ...  [log in to unmask]