From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:05:29 -0400
Okay, many of you have but I am sure there are those it will help:

http://supportourshelters.org includes this info:

>Support Our Shelters (S.O.S) is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity.  Donations
>are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.  You are welcome
>to specify a specific shelter to receive your gift, or we will choose
>the neediest shelters for you.  EIN# 23-3062176

>S.O.S.  can now accept donations through Paypal Please use
>[log in to unmask] as the pay to and note the
>shelter name or cause you are donating to.

>You can send donations by mail to:
>Support Our Shelters
>c/o Judith White
>1236 Belfield Ave
>Drexel Hills, PA  19026

Right now there is very, very great need for a serious large rescue.  To
see the sweet faces of the ferrets rescued go to
http://www.pooflinger.com/hagerstown/ferrets.html, an dot be appalled by
the conditions they suffered and under go to
http://www.pooflinger.com/hagerstown/ .

One of the people working on the this rescue is Barbara Clay a woman I
strongly respect for her many good deeds for ferrets, including this
rescue and including her work in helping put together the "Loose Lips
Sink Kits" guidelines to help legal rescues be as effective as they
possibly can be.  All of us love ferrets -- well, I guess not all since
there probably are still some people here who are just in it for the
money or for some other form of compensation as we've seen with some past
rescues and this one because no one who loves ferrets would have ever
dreamed of having ferrets under such conditions unless it was about the
worst nightmare possible -- but everyone who DOES love ferrets is going
to want to help these little ones in whatever way possible and to do
their best to make any type of seizure as effective as possible for
protecting ferrets and other animals.

Look at how many didn't even have names -- like they were THINGS rather
than living and suffering living beings.  Look at the face on the third
one down on the first page.  That kit looks so much like our dear lost
Meeteetse.  Remember her: the one who was beaten before coming here due
to biting but she only bite due to dental troubles so once those were
fixed she never again bit in her life -- the ferret who was so loved on
NPR.  Well, that sweetheart looks like her!  Isn't she a DARLING?  How
many of these little ones look like a ferret you loved as a member of
your family?  Can you imagine them in those conditions?

Please, do what you can.  Every bit helps.