From:
Cynthia Ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 15:41:25 +0000
I try not to get into things, I really do. But.....I joined this forum
as an avenue on how to better take care of my babies, and to get the
latest "scoop" on ferret issues. (Thanks to all who contribute) . I'll
never forget the first time I opened a FML and read some nasty flaming.
I was hurt. I thought that I had found a wonderful outlet of people
that all had one thing in mind. The welfare and care of Ferrets. Now,
I don't read every post, I discard the flames.

As humans, we are all different, just as our little furry friends have
their own little thing going on, so do we. We all have our little
quirks, our likes and dislikes and our past histories along with the
frustrations of the "Now" and our hopes of the future. All these things
make us who we are, and give us connections to people who share them.
these connections are treasures. They help us share, and learn from
each other. Native Americans believe that the greatest thing you can do
is share Knowledge learned in order that the tribe can survive. Flaming
undermines these connection, and makes the tribe weak, as our treasured
connections weaken. Maybe there's hurt, but the best thing to do, for
your own health, is quietly let the person know, this does not have to
be public to be effective, in fact it may give you points on the guts
factor, But then let it go. Your own health is worth it. Anger can
contribute to many health issues. The person who hurt you then has to
deal with their own guilt and if there are no appologies , accept that
that bridge is down, take another route.

In this forum, all roads lead to the betterment of the lives of our
little ones and getting knowledge out there to help those who are just
learning, or trying to keep up with the newest, and support of those
in need. I don't see any advantages towards those things in flaming

OKAY I'm off the box, the next step is yours

Cindy