From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 04:12:55 EDT
Hey gang !!  Dooks to all the fur-kids !!  Meowrrr to all the Fer-Kats !!

Just wanted to take a moment to bring you up to date on what's happening
with the silver mitts and ... {Wait a minute Kevin !  You said silver
MITTS, plural.  Something you didn't tell us about ???} .... Oh, yeah,
sorry about that.  Guess I really do need to bring you up to date.

First of all, the silver mitt from the Animal Control Shelter.  Many of you
had emailed me with some wonderful names.  One really stood out though and
the kid started dooking around when she heard it.  SELENE - Goddess of the
moon, a silvery moon.  I forgot who submitted that, so just take a bow and
pat yourself on the back.

Selene is doing very well in her new surroundings.  Quarantine will be over
in a few days and we start the intergration process.  Patch and Mocha have
had their rough times, but it looks like it is mostly over.  Hershey is
taking a real liking to Mocha.  Not surprising though - they look like they
could be brothers.

Went to a meeting of the Pacific Ferret Shelter Network (PFSN) tonight.  It
was mentioned that they received about 40 ferts from a breeder in Utah.
Well, my friend Nori and I kinda had some business to deal with at the
Oregon Ferret Shelter so we went to take a look.  Most appeared healthy
except for that orange glow from the mink food they had been fed.  One
really struck both Nori's fancy and mine as well.  Kinda get the impression
she will have a lovely cinnamon/golden glow once the orange fades.

Well, Nori decided this kid had a new home.  The shelter mom (Chris)
introduced me to a kute little silver-mitt/badger that was recently turned
in.  Upon holding the fert, named Missy, I could feel that sudden warm glow
and the room lit up.  <TRANSLATION: The neon "SUCKER" light on my forehead
came on full blast!>.

sigh . . . well, 13 was an unlucky number anyway.

Warm Fuzzies ~~ !!
Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~ Mist the Fer-Kat
INTRODUCING - ~SELENE~ and ~MISSY~
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!  Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html KRITTER KREW -
http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.