Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:33:28 -0800
Hi, all-

I met a little girl coming across the Bridge the other day.  Her name
was Houdini.  I guess I shouldn't say girl, she lived a very long life!
Of course, with all of her youth and vitality restored here in the
Afterworld, you'd never know that she'd tasted old age.

And oh, was she beautiful!  When she crossed the Bridge, she had no fur
left to speak of.  No more!  Her coat is now so thick and lush that she
looks as if she had been carved from a solid brick of milk chocolate!

Her Brother in Fur Hermie and I couldn't help but admire that coat.  We
both rubbed our faces down her sleek sides, she was so soft!

Houdini and Hermie said that they wanted a little quiet time to
themselves before they met with the rest of their Mommy's Business.  No
problem!  I knew a really beautiful private place.  We helped Houdini
strap on her wings for the first time, and off we flew!

We flew over grassy fields and forests.  We flew over low, rolling hills
that started to rise into tall, broken granite cliffs.  Halfway up one of
those cliffs is a mossy ledge where clean, clear spring water bubbles up
out of the rock itself.  The landing is soft there, and the view is
supremely beautiful.  There is nothing to hear there but the wind and the
sound of the little waterfall fed by the spring, trickling down the cliff
side.

We landed carefully (Houdini did very well) and lay down to rest, just
being quiet and enjoying the view.  Once I had drunk in enough of that
lovely panorama I said good bye, and flew away.

I knew that they wanted to talk about many things that were private
between them.  Their lives before their Mommy rescued them.  Their lives
after that.  Their future together.

I flew back to the Bridge, unstrapped my wings, and began to gather
their Mommy's Business together to greet Houdini later.  It takes time
to find so many, and to get the message to all of them.  It's harder to
co-ordinate than you might imagine, but it is worth it.  The joy of the
reunions always makes the effort worthwhile!  I *love* my job!

Sandee