From:
JL Lujan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:06:43 -0500
Hello everyone!  Even though I've been reading this list for a couple of
months now, this is my first posting.  I could really use your help.

My oldest ferret (a 4 year old male with no history of any medical
conditions) suddenly got letargic and started producing a lot of viscous
saliva fluid.  He lacks strength.  This is the second time this happens to
him.  The first time we rushed him to the vet and he gave him Potassium
mixed with hair ball remedy because he seemed to be having some difficulty
breathing (he didn't want to run all the tests without trying it first).
He called it a "jump-start" on my little furry's heart.  His temp was
normal, but he said he heard "something".  He didn't say a murmur, or
what.  I'm worried about atrial/ventricular gallop or other type of
cardiomyopathy.

Has anyone seen this kind of condition before?  Today he presented the
same symptoms so I gave him banana (the only kind of potassium I could
think of) mixed with milk because he loves milk but hates banana.  He is
doing better right now, playing with his 3 sisters, but I don't like not
knowing what is happening.

I'd prefer to receive replies to my email account.  Any advise is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you all.

Joe