From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:46:00 -0700
My 5 1/2 year old ferret Zooey went to the vet's the other day and came
back with a blood sugar level of 65, which the vet said was low (though not
*really* low, I understand) she needs to retake an insulin test as the vet
didn't draw enough blood the first time.

Prior to the blood sugar test Zooey was all floppy and sleepy, and spent
about two weeks or so being like this.  Generally acknowledging the other
ferrets for a little while but being on her own for the most part,
sleeping.  The past couple days though she has been more active.  I gave
her some ferrevite the other night and she actually roughhoused with Sybil,
who's 4 1/2 years younger than her.  Since then she hasn't played like that
but has been awake more.  Moving around, curling up in one corner but not
going to sleep.  Getting up and exloring things.  Is she trying to convince
me she doesn't need her insulin checked?  Or is that a sign she's
uncomfortable?  She's a very quiet ferret, she rarely even makes play
noises.

I know the other guys have been knocked out from a brief spike in the
temperature the past week or so (they are very cute when they're two
dimensional)--they would come out and play at night though.  Zooey skipped
that part.

Minta