From:
Natalie Fontane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:20:07 -0700
Hi, everyone. I have an unusual health problem with our ferret JLo.
My boyfriend Dave took her to the vet today. Our normal vet is on
vacation, so we went to the one they recommended. JLo had some dried
blood on her ear Monday. She was inactive, and at the end of the day,
her head tilted to the bloody ear side, and she stumbled. Dave thought
it was either a concussion or an ear infection.

The vet today didn't find anything out of the ordinary with her. Her
BG was 170, so it's not insulinoma making her stumble. We don't really
know what's going on. She's eating just soup right now, and Dave is
planning to take her to our regular vet when he returns.

Has anyone had to deal with this sort of thing? She's staying in the
hospital cage for the moment and only wakes up to go to the bathroom,
though she has peed on herself. She did hop/stumble across the house
to go sleep in her bedroom with the others, so I know her priorities
are in the right place.

Natalie Fontane
www.scrivenersretreat.com
www.scrivenersretreat.blogspot.com