From:
Cynthia Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:23:00 -0400
Many of us got our first ferret(s) from a pet store.  But as we learned
more about ferrets and how many need homes, many of us acquire future
ferrets as adoptees or rescues.  The love of ferrets has to start
somewhere.  There's a definite learning curve when it comes to ferrets,
their care, and their overall situation in the world.

You have to allow people time to work their way up the hill of knowledge
to the point where they understand the importance of adopting and
rescuing.  Then you have to come to a point where you're either ready to
go out and look for a needy furball, or ready to accept one tossed in
your direction at a moment's notice.

If I hadn't bought my first ferts at the pet store, I'd never have become
a ferret person, and my new little boys: Bailey and Willow, would still
be living in a dark basement room eating cat food and not even knowing
how to play with each other!  We all have a road to follow.  You gotta
let each person walk their own route and hope they come to the land of
ferret enlightenment soon enough.

my thoughts on the pet store question,

Cindy and the fuzzy quints: Cocoa, Butter, Sugar, Bailey and Willow (all
MF babies who found their way to me by different roads)