Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 22:20:34 EST
Hello everyone,

I just heard from a friend of mine that The Ferret Calendar was featured in
the Oregonian's Living section on pets.  Apparently it is the favorite pet
calendar of the writer and my friend is working on getting me a copy.  I
kind of found out by accident so I thought Id write to the FML to ask you
if you happen to see something good (or bad-- hope there's not too much
in that category) about The Ferret Calendar in your local paper could you
please send us a copy.

I don't do any PR with the media so I have no clue when something's going
to be written about the calendar so my friend assumed I knew all about it
when I had no idea that the calendar would me mentioned let alone singled
out!  I did receive a call from Steve Dale (My Pet World?) who does a
national column on pets.  He apparently also reviews pet calendars and my
understanding is that The Ferret Calendar is to be included in a column
appearing in the next week or so.  If anyone out there sees the column, and
The Ferret Calendar made the grade would you please send a copy to me at
the address below?

Thanks so much.

Also, on another matter, my father and I will be flying to Long Beach
(southern CA) to testify in front of the Fish and Game Commission on ferret
legalization.  I would like to briefly tell the commission what ferrets
mean to their owners.  If you would please write a very, very short note to
me letting me know why you've chosen ferrets as pets and what they add to
your life, I would appreciate it.  I'd like to be able to use you name and
address-- if you are from CA, just put your first name and last initial and
city.

Thanks so much and I wish all the FMLers and their fuzzies a happy and safe
holiday.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Carley/Californians for Ferret Legalization & The Ferret Company
P.O. Box 7161
Redwood City, CA  94062