Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:52:08 +0000
Mookie left for the Bridge today, September 20, before Maria, Baby, and
Smokey.  I know that he probably waited for them, so they could all go as
a group.  Last night he became progressively worse, and I didn't think
this morning he'd be with us.  When I got home I was truly hoping he'd be
at the Bridge, that I wouldn't have to take him to the vet for the shot,
but it wasn't to be.  I took the four out, and was there before the vet,
so the staff took us to a room, and I cuddled them all, and between my
tears told each of the Bridge, and who would be waiting.

Mookie I held most of the time, stroking his little head, telling him how
much I loved him, had since I first saw him in that pet store almost 7
years ago.  He was such a good boy.  He went to the Purdue Vet School to
assist the students in the exotics class, and I can remember one vet was
totally in love with him, and I think the little dude would have left me
for her!  He never failed to fight to get to her, and got into her lab
coat one day, climbing all over her, much to her and everyone's delight.
Our daughter even took him to school, for a class on ferrets, where he
wowed them.  I can remember when he first came to us, how he couldn't
walk, and Suzy Derkins went ripping by him, stopping as though to say Get
up boy!  I looked over later and she was on top of him, forcing him to
run.  He'd been a really dark Panda when he came to us, and he'd faded
out to white, with a streak of gray on his side.  He was, truly, my
special boy.

Sandee and Muldoone, please watch for all of them.  I'm sure you heard
them coming, because I know they're all well, and having a blast.  I can
only imagine the scene at the Bridge when they got there, and all the
Crew and the NC kids were there.  Help Baby find the strawberries and
crasins, and the rest will like fruit and gravy.  Mookie loves packing
peanuts and being silly, and could you find someone to sing How do you
solve a problem like Maria to little Miss Maria.  This has been one of
the hardest days I can ever remember, and I haven't stopped crying yet.
Please tell them I love them.  I'm sure the three knew Mookie was
special, but they all were special.

Rebecca & the Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste
 good with ketchup"
"Support bacteria, it's the only culture some people have"