Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 16:50:11 -0400
Hello all -
     I posted a while back regarding allergy problems with my ferrets.
Well, I just received the RAST blood test results back today and it does
not look good.  I am a very high reactor and my allergist firmly believes
that I should find another home for my babies.  Let me explain my problems
by saying that I have VERY severe allergies and asthma, it's not just some
sneezing here and there, but rather constant congestion and really bad
asthma attacks.  I am allergic to many other things, so the ferrets are not
the sole cause, but they are definitely not helping.  My parents want me to
give them away because they are concerned for my health.  But honestly, I
do not think that I am capable of doing that.  My ferrets, Cosmo and
Carmen, are my babies and the thought of them growing up with someone else,
someone else taking care of them, and them looking to someone else for
love, food, hugs, and kisses is more than I can bear.
     PLEASE offer any and all suggestions of alternate forms of action I
could take.  I bathe them weekly, keep my dorm room very clean and
ventilated, have an air purifier and am on way too many medications to
control my allergies and asthma already.  Please help me keep my babies.
Feel free to e-mail me direct also.  Thank you so much.

Jessica
Cosmo and Carmen