From:
"Kim L. Adkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:52:27 -0800
Well all, I'm a long time reader but only an occasional poster, saying
farwell.  BIG, after this post, please take me off the listserve.

Yesterday morning, I suffered the last immeasurable heartbreak of a lost
fuzzy that I plan to for a very long time.  The last soilder, my dearest
Stimy, departed for the Rainbow Bridge.  Stimy was 9 1/2 years old,
arthritic, insulinomic, and, I think, very tired of this world.  He tried
to stay with me and keep me company as long as he could, but finally had
to run and join his friends - to wait for me at the bridge.  There,
beside the ferretone river, I'm sure, he'll be joining sweet old Stripe
and my Rosebud, Scarlet, his favoritest girl, Allie, and Jerry, the sumo
wrestler of all ferretdom.  (There's info on everybody in the archives if
you're curious.) We've had a lot of fun together.  Anyway, I know they'll
all be estatic to be together again, and I know they'll be waiting for me
there...one day...

After I lost my Jerry, my husband and I made the decision not to get any
more fuzzbutts unless Stimy really seemed to need someone to continue in
good health.  But it seems that while he was attached to all his ferret
buds, his primary attachment was to me. :0)  And so we've kept each other
company for the last year er so.  I've loved each and every one of my
litl' monsters soo very much...it just hurts SO much to lose them.  Next
weekend, I'll be taking my dear Stimy back to Blacksburg, VA (where I
went to college), to put him to rest on the banks of the New River beside
all those ferrets he has known and loved.

In 4 months, I'll be giving birth to my very first human child...a little
boy.  I'd hoped that Stimy would make it through to meet him.  But one
things for sure... When that little boy falls in love in the pet store
with that little pudgy fuzzy face...I'll be falling right along with him.
AND we'll start the cycle of ferret math all over again.  I already know
that it'll be too much to resist.  (My husband has already been warned.)

And so, I've packed up my litterboxes and cleaned out my cages for
the last time.  Boxed my surplus ferretone and washed all my hammocks,
(except Stimy's favorite which he'll be buried in - as my tradition
goes.)  I'm sure they'll all be of good use at the local ferret shelter.
You know what they say, a hammock built for two will easily fit eleven,:0).

Guys, love your fuzzies a little more than usual today (if that's
possible).  The time they're here is so very precious.  Treasure each and
every little ferret kiss and "it was like that when I found it" face.
You'll miss it soooo much when it's gone.

Sorry for the long post, feeling a little nostalgic today.  HUGE thanks
to BIG and to all here at the FML, your advice has been indispensable and
I've had loads of fun every step of the way.  I'll be back someday...

Goodbye all,
Kim (minus Stimy, Jerry, Allie, Scarlet, and Stripe)

[Moderator's note: We'll be here waiting for you!  BIG]