From:
Debbie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:56:28 -0400
Hi all,
I am so grateful B.I.G. for this list, it has been the best thing to come
of my internet surfing, and I too am sooo addicted I bet I am the first to
read it daily.

I posted about a month ago, that I needed help finding homes for some of
my 22 ferrets, for financial reasons, and because I felt it was selfish to
keep so many beauties, when I wasn't really giving them the best.  Thanks
to all that replied, and huge kudos go to Julie Fossa and her friend,
Michelle, of the Cincinatti, Ohio area who drove up 3 hours and took ten of
my best, hopefully to better homes.  Now I am able to spoil my remaining
12, and get started on the vet visits with my two youngsters, and Mom who
need altering.  I haven't gotten over the loss, probably never will, and
when I get moved to Tennessee, and thing are more prosperous, I'm committed
to buy back any of my babies who haven't been adopted, and I know they are
cared for and loved till then.  Please contact me if your interested in
adopting, and I'll forward you to her, (or fostering, in Northern Ohio)
she as 50+ !!!

I met the sweetest jill today, I'm calling her kissy cause she kisses more
than any ferret I have EVER met.  She is at "my Best Friends" on Eureka in
Taylor.  Broke my heart to leave her in that little cage, with only a
litterbox to sleep in.  I swear, I have never seen a ferret so desperate
to be held and loved in my life.  She seems really healthy, and beautiful
(i'd say sable, for lack of knowlege) and didn't even nip when I stuck my
fingers and nose in the cage....I know the vet for that shop is a ferret
expert in this area so thats good.  PLEASE if you're THINKINg of one more,
you must go get her.  She's as desperate as any shelter ferret, about the
same cost $69.oo , and has her shots and altering.  Anyone who loves
ferrets please drop in and take her a treat, I definately will be there
again tomorrow!!  I can't sleep I feel so bad for her......someone email
me if they go.....

I'd like to know if there are really people out there feeding live mice to
their babies??  I'm not being judgemental, though I know I couldn't bear to
feed any live being to another.  I'd just like to know more about it, seems
to be an inside secret.

Please pray for Dusty, my clown ferret who escaped tonight, into the woods
on the other side of a big street.  Anyone on Grosse Ile keep an eye out,
he was with his best bud, Coco, who we caught on the yellow line of
Merridian St.  I saw Dusty run in to the woods and my daughter and I
searched in there for 4 hours, squeekies, and rattles, till 4 am.  we're
scratched up and heartbroken that he wouldn't come, even though he knows
his name and is usually the first to come when called.  My dogs scratched
open a door to let them outside, we were in the basement playing with them
in the sandbox, when we counted and came up 2 short.  My biggest fear is
that they are friendly to dogs and people, so PRAY please that he will find
an angel who will help him and not hurt him.  He's a white salt and pepper,
so at least he is noticable.

I rarely post, but my heart is so heavy for all the fuzzies who are in
need, Kissy, Dusty and many more.....PLEASE STOP BREEDING FERRETS, if you
love them, there are too many out there, you can't give them away, and this
is really becoming a problem.  I don't care how great your genetic line
is........and neither do the sad ferrets from MF.  You ARE just doing it
for profit, no matter what you claim, and are no better than MF, you don't
really love ferrets if you are breeding them.  This is a fact.  Face it.

LOL
Debbie