From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:48:26 -0400
This is a very hard situation - I am sorry for your loss.  You definitely
were on the right track by letting the remaining ferrets say good-bye, but
sometimes that just isn't enough.  When I lost my Moon, her cagemate Boo
was devastated.  She was very angry with me and would glare at me whenever
I was in the room.  When let out of her cage, she looked for Moon, and
when put back in her cage, she looked for Moon.  It took weeks for her to
get back to anything approaching normal behavior.  It actually took getting
a new ferret, as she hated all of the other ones that I had at the time.
Raven isn't my ferret, he's Boo's ferret!

I did as much as I could to help her, and that's all you can do with your
own.  Lots of love, as much attention as she'll tolerate, extra food
(something yummy!), and Pepcid if the tooth grinding continues.  Also,
the fact that they didn't seem all that close can be very misleading -
the interactions are subtle, and she's obviously very upset.  Poor girl.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.