From:
Wild Weasel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 16:24:07 EDT
First of all *MANY* thanks to all who've responded here and privately to my
flea questions! I will be getting some stuff from the vet tomorrow and will
try to let everyone know how it all works.

To Amy on litter pans-
If he does good on newspaper you might try putting a peice of newspaper in
the bottom of the litter pan.  You might also want to try modifying your
pans as I have to make it easier for the ferts to use them.  What I've done
is to get some of the cheap small pans from Wal-Mart.  I then cut two sides
down so they're only about 3/4" high.  (they are pretty easy to cut with
some heavy duty scissors).  this in effect makes the pan part of the corner
and not a separate object creating new corners.  The one drawback is that
since the sides are low, some of the (recycled paper) litter that I use does
get pushed out of the pan when the fuzzies walk in and take their stance.
This however is nearly always clean litter.  Since mine are used to the pans
and are nearly 100%, I'm going to make some with slightly higher sides.  In
the cage they are 100% with one of those triangular pans (there is another
homemade pan in another corner of the cage, but they've not used it for a
long time.  Still afraid to take it out tho'!  <g>) You might even try
cutting two sides completely off a pan, set it in the corner and put down a
piece of newspaper the same size as usual, but so it's on the pan not under
it.  if he tends to go all the way to the corner of the pan most of the
time, then just decrease the size of the paper until it fits inside the pan.
Then try covering the paper with just a little bit of litter and gradually
increase the amount of litter and the height of the pan sides (this is very
similar to what I did to get my oldest fert used to a pan in the cage).

To Jess Woodward on Tail Wagging_
Both my ferrets wag their tails sometimes (tho' not often)!  The first I saw
it was when my Calvin crawled into one of those dryer vent hoses (it
happened to be collapsed to just a but longer than he was) and I started
rolling it back and forth across the floor.  As soon as I stopped he was out
like a shot, dooking, weasel dancing and waging his tail as fast as he
could!  Then of course back into the hose for another round!

This last bit has nothing to do with ferrets, but I just got the new Webb
Wilder CD and had to share this tidbit from "The Olde Elephant Man" (R.S.
Field/D.  Rizzie):

  He took a lick from a ugly stick
  Made the people of London sick
  He had the looks that could fry a toad
  Make a train take a gravel road

Also note that even tho' my return address always has all those funky
numbers in it, you can email me at: [log in to unmask] (someday the
CIS. part will go away)

(oo)   <--- Da Wild Weasel
=\/=

(oo) (oo)  <--- Calvin & Hobbes Da Ferrets
=\/= =\/=