From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 23:19:30 -0500
Hey Everyone,

I have been such a bad girl (and having lots of fun at it, I must say!).
But honestly, I have been neglecting my closet friends of late, mainly from
not being home hardly at all to answer calls or email.  In fact, most of my
email has been totally ignored.  Don't despair, I will write, but I will do
so by importance of subject matter.

The house is finally dried out so I can start dealing with the floors.
That is the main reason for my absence (ok, so I have been partying way too
much, but hey, I am a college student after all).  Been hanging out with my
sister broad in town and her friends (including one supremely cute guy with
a wonderful ponytail, who imagine this, I actually asked out.  First time
in my LIFE I ever asked a man out.  I was told it was very sweet to have
waited so long).  But Kar has been putting up with me and even comes over
to help me play with the ferrets, since they are not getting the whole
house to run in right now.

She has made fast friends with Harry, who regularly nibbles on her.  Even
though she isn't a ferret person herself, she doesn't get upset at his
little love nips and takes it all in good stride.  She has also been
trained by Miss Myrna Loy to pick her up by spreading out her hand and
letting Myrna climb into it.  She is such a sucker.  hehe.

I am going to lay stick'em on tile in the guest room and make another
fert room.  That will make it easier when I travel, since I have two main
groups.  No one will have to be caged while I am gone then.  Since I
usually sleep in the guest bed when I have company anyway, it won't make
that much difference.  (My bed is the better and larger one in the house
and my Southern upbringing makes me do this.)

Miss Pookie went to see the local lust and drool vet, Dr. Greg.  He is very
cute, very good, and very nice.  Karen went with us, since she is the one
who enticed me to go there in the first place.  Pookers has some bad hair
loss and inflamed skin.  I have long worried about adrenal, but it never
felt quite right for that.  And since she has already been through 2
surgeries in her life I didn't want to go in without dire cause.  Dr. Greg
wouldn't completely rule out adrenal, but said he just didn't think it was
either.  Actually, he supported my own opinion of stress induced problems.
We are going to wait and see if the new arrangements in the house will help
her out.  Miss Pookie, who has long been a lap slut for men, climbed all
over Dr. Greg and even did the happy dance while we were there.  And he was
very cuddly with her and allowed her free roam in the exam room, being very
laid back about it all.  Besides, I think I must be legendary in town for
being such a sucker for the ferts and having them chipped and vaccinated at
the same time.  My vet didn't get her complete shipment of vaccines by the
day we had planned and went begging for them all over town to get it done.
So they had already heard of me when I first went there.  I am not sure if
that is a good thing or not.  Hmmm. . .

Ollie's eye has swelled up again with the abcess.  I am crossing my fingers
that it isn't the tooth below the eye causing this.  But it is kinda nasty
and he is going in again soon for it.  The conjunctivii are what are
actually abcessed I think.  Not good, but they go down fast when I clean
it and apply his eye ointment.  Sigh, I hate this since he is blind anyway.
But he isn't showing any change in behaviour from it at all.  So that is a
good thing.

Must run and play with my ferts some more.  I am home early tonight and
need to try and get to bed before 3.  I am just plain getting too old for
this.

Huggies to all, and my prayers for those who have had losses or sickness
of late.

Maggie